Lately Gabriel has been asking a lot of questions about my mom. Today as we headed to my dad's, Gabe asks me, "are we going to to your dad's house?" Yes and he is your Grandpa. " Were is your mom?" Remember we talked about how she is in heaven with Jesus. That is when he said, " I am going to write a letter and have the Angels come and bring it up to Grandma and tell her that I want to see her." As much as I wish it was that easy, It is hard to really explain that it's not. In the last week there has been a lot of questions from Gabe about my mom and I just hope that I am able to give the best explanation that I can. I do want him to ask questions and know about who she was, but I am having a hard time finding the right way to do this.
On another note, we had a great Christmas, and despite all the snow we got, we were still able to visit everyone but one person, which we plan to do this week anyways. I think that Christmas day at my dads was the funnest, since there was nice snow and nice warmer weather, the kids had a great time having snowball fights (getting some of the adult children) and making a snowman and snow fort. We went back to my dad's today to visit my sister who was down from N. Dakota and do some sledding, which again was great. His driveway is kinda steep and it was a little icy so the sleds flew down the hill. The kids had a blast.
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm sure you will be blessed with the right answers that Gabe needs at the right time! Start slow and he'll ask if he needs more! You're an amazing mom!
Post a Comment